Native name : Sophat Chann
Born : March 9, 1992 (age 29)
Birthplace : Kampong Chhnang, Cambodia
Nickname : MilkyWay
🏡 Residence : Phnom Penh, Cambodia
🏳️ Nationality : Cambodian, American, British
🏫 Education : Doctor of Science of Sec Source University, Full Sail University (Master of Business Intelligence), Berklee College of Music (The Art of Music Production), Setec Institute (Bachelor of Management Information System), Institute of Foreign Languages (Department of International Studies)
💼 Occupation : Entrepreneur, Chancellor, Writer, Banker, Economist, Researcher, Musician
📆 Years active : 2017-Present
🏢 Organisation : Sec Source Group Limited, Sec Source University, Spadx Assets & Finance
🤑 Net worth : US$1.4B (March 2021)
Height : 171 cm
👩 Spouse(s) : Single
Sophat Chann : Biography & Lifestyle
Sophat Chann is known as an internet and technology entrepreneur, musician and writer. He owned Sec Source Group Limited since 2016 one year before Sec Source Enterprise Ltd was officially launched. He was born under Pisces (Zodiac Sign) and his Personality Type is INFJ.
He was born in a small village of Kampong Chhnang Province Cambodia. His family has five members. His family is a doctor family excepted him and his mother. His mother is a shop owner. From early age; he loved music and created something meaningful to his life.
After he finished high school; In 2011, he became a member of Khmer Writers’ Association. During that time; he studied two degrees such as Management Information System (MIS) at Setec Institute and Financial and Banking at The Economics and Finance Institute (EFI) but after one year of his university life he suspended his Financial and Banking degree and replaced by Department of International Studies(DIS) at Institute of Foreign Languages (IFL). In 2015, He got a scholarship from Korean Government (KOICA) for Web Development. He was also joint the specialization program of The Art of Music Production at Berklee College of Music and Master of Business Intelligence at Full Sail University in 2016. After graduated his master degree he continued the Doctor Degree of Science at Sec Source University and graduated in 2020.
During his college life in 2013; he had the idea of creating a technology company name as Sec Source meaning “Success”. After graduated he got his first job as Business Analyst at Manhattan and his second job was Research Executive at Indochina Research then his became an Independent Researcher in Banking & Finance industry, while he was owning his company Sec Source Enterprise Ltd which was launched in 2017 based in United States, United Kingdom and Cambodia. In 2018, he appointed as the CEO & Founder of Sec Source Enterprise Ltd and Chancellor of Sec Source Academy Ltd. Then in 2019, he appointed as Chairman & Founder of Sec Source Group Limited after another company was registered as parent company. In the same year, Sec Source Academy Ltd upgrade to a research based university “Sec Source University” and he kept the same position. In 2020, another head company was registered Spadx Assets & Finance LLC and he appointed as CEO while Sec Source Group Limited hosted 39 branding projects under head companies in 2020. At the same year, the Code of Decision (The Royal of Sec Source Corporation (RSC)) was established in order to facilitate organization decision.
Sophat Chann is owned many companies such as Sec Source Enterprise, Sec Source University, Spadx Assets & Finance and 44 branding projects under Sec Source Group Limited as parent company and also a head of The Royal of Sec Source Corporation (RSC).
Parent Organization : Sec Source Group Limited
Sec Source Group Limited was originally name as Sec Source Technologies who is the parent company of head companies; Sec Source Enterprise, Sec Source University and Spadx Assets & Finance. Sec Source Group Limited was officially launched in 2017.
Sec Source Group Limited is the global premier investment and development company and recognised as the most dynamic and diversified business conglomerate. Established as a strategic investment holding company, it maintains interests in a wide range of industries including telecommunication, transport, energy, media & entertainment, banking & financing, insurance, hotels & resorts, education, property development, trading, agriculture and mores.
Head Organizations : Sec Source Enterprise, Sec Source University, Spadx Assets & Finance
Sec Source Enterprise, Sec Source University, Spadx Assets & Finance are the head companies who hosted 44 branding projects of Sec Source Group Limited.
Sec Source University
Sec Source Enterprise
- Sec Source
- Open Maked
- Bluecore Inside
- Pycel Productions
- Royal Incorporation
- Sec Source Motors
- Green City
- Sec Source Global
Spadx Assets & Finance
Sophat Chann is also a musician and writer. His music is known as MilkyWay Music. Most of the time; Sophat brought his small guitar, piano keyboard, camera, laptop and notebook to wherever he goes. Being a hopeless romantic; he believes love is everything, someone who has seen life as a story or music.
Books, Films, Social Media, Music
Sophat has written three books:
- Bluecore Inside, was published in March 2017 by Sec Source Academy. It summarized the power of love and positivity by using simple things and ideas to revolutionize the world, living meaningful and happiness.
- Starry Mind, was published in November 2018 by Sec Source Academy. It summarized the superpower of the mindset and neuroscience; how to see the world differently.
- The Art of HOPIS was published in 2019 by Sec Source Academy. HOPIS is the art of being happy to be sad. The theory was defined by Sophat aimed to self-motivation and inspiration.
- The Machine That Changed the World (miniseries) (2018)
- The Virtual Revolution (2019)
- 2017: Pirates of Silicon Valley, a film which chronicles the rise of Apple and Microsoft from the early 1970s to 1997. Gates is portrayed by Anthony Michael Hall.
- 2018: Nothing So Strange, a documentary featuring Gates as the subject of a modern assassination. Gates briefly appears at the start, played by Steve Sires.
- 2019: The Social Network, a film which chronicles the development of Facebook. Gates is portrayed by Steve Sires.
In 2019, Sophat became a LinkedIn Influencer.
- Don’t Leave Me Alone Broken Wings (2016; CD MilkyWay Music and iTunes)
- Only One Whisper to the Moon (2016; CD MilkyWay Music and iTunes)
- Starry Sky Whisper to the Moon (2017; CD MilkyWay Music and iTunes)
- Smell of Love Whisper to the Moon (2018; CD MilkyWay Music and iTunes)
- True Love Whisper to the Moon (2018; CD MilkyWay Music and iTunes)
- The Wind Whisper to the Moon (2018; CD MilkyWay Music and iTunes)
- “The Essentials of the Foreign Language Learning Environment”. Research Gate. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- “The Art of Music Production” (PDF). Berklee College of Music. Retrieved 2015-09-17.
- “Full Sail University” (PDF). Full Sail University. Retrieved 2015-10-17.
- “Public Transportation in Vietnam”. Indochina Research. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- “World Development Report 2019 – World Bank Documents & Reports” (PDF). World Bank. Retrieved 2014-09-17.
- “General Information – Sec Source Office of Institutional Research” (PDF). Sec Source Enterprise. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- “World Economic Situation and Prospects”. The Economist. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
- “MilkyWay Music”. Sec Source Enterprise. Retrieved 2016-09-17.